'these mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.'
21 ☀ ✌ ☮
- Age -
mama bear
- Species & Sex -
Head Re-Creator & Coder
- Rank -

"We want to hear your ideas!"
It is that time again in which we would like to reach out to the entire member base to explore different ideas for site events. Event's as in traditions, holidays, tournaments, games, entertainment, site-ideas and sharing character development plans.

Sites really liven up when they get the chance to include each other's ideas and attempt to implement them for the sake of our community. Below feel free to leave some ideas and your own opinions / responses to this thread. In fact, we encourage everyone to reply so that we can all understand and take everyone's thoughts into consideration.

We are debating the rule on a second big cat character, as some have wanted a second but haven't the ability to purchase one that it is currently in the dare shop for 1,000 'dares'. Debating on activity, perhaps the staff could just decide whether or not an individual member can have the permission to make another cat character. (Third cat character will indefinably need to be purchased in the shop.) And/or simply reduce the price for a second, keeping the wolf : cat ratio stays around 70 : 30. And this rounds into the question of adding dare count to the mini-profile and to implement more features such as levels - skills - awards etc. to the profiles of our characters.

Any ideas for holidays, traditions or other forms of special days / celebrations would be nice. I'm thinking we should have something named and represented for the fall of Traum five years ago, and to be set as a memorial-themed day.

A soft encouragement for any cat characters to join the Ebrietas Dynasty members would be convenient. And as you all see we have our first character of the moment. Should we nominate, vote every month? Add more than just character of the moment/month?
Second Big Cat Character?

Highlighting 'Dare' Currency & It's use...

Holidays, Traditions, Memorial Day?

Ebrietas Dynasty Cats...

Character of the Moment

Round up
Will update as thread goes on.
sage Erebus Ser Marxos Velmarox V.ampyrx DragonBlue Caenari Spite Badger Lost Alue A'meastra Keira black heart Hanova Mkohy Davis Foxx mayday McTweakerson Felice Ryker Olive Pibs Shadow Squachy willowheart Symphony Yukiro

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
DragonBlue
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 04:22 PM
- Moderator -
N/A
Twenty Four
- Age -
Dragon
- Species & Sex -
N/A
- Rank -

I think it wouldn't hurt to do something like offer a second big cat to be purchased at a discount that's a little easier to achieve, and keep it at 1,000 for a third. Personally, if I do start a merc group with Dag I'd like to keep it open to all species; but I don't want to take away from the pool of potential Dynasty members so I thought something like this might help with that a little.

As for OTMs I wouldn't mind doing something like Canine OTM and Feline OTM (though we might not have enough of them to go that route idk). or like Male and Female otm to even up the chance for spot lighting, and thread of the month is usually pretty fun. I would suggest adding a rule where once a character has been chosen for the spotlight, they can't be nominated again for another few months or so. It's always really annoying when the same handful of characters constantly get nominated over and over again.

Finally, maybe the staff could offer bonus 'dares' for new felines who join up with the Dynasty as a form of encouragement?
PM
^
sage
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 02:40 PM
- Administrator -
MAYBE IT’S JUST A DIFFERENCE IN MY HEAD, BUT THE PURE EVIL OF MURDER IS IT’S PREMEDITATED - IT IS NOT IN THE HEAT OF THE BATTLE, AND IT’S NOT FOR SELF-DEFENSE.
endless
- Age -
ancient goddess
- Species & Sex -
Warrior Princess
- Rank -

I think a second cat should be achievable through hard work & dares, but staff approval should be needed for a third cat. Keeping ratios is important in the long run for us. I think there should also be "member of the month, cat, wolf, and thread" ! Also christmas is kinda comin up, so SECRET SANTA!
PM
^
Badger
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 09:55 AM
- Dreamer -
Grey town don't bring me down, I'm not ready. Grey town don't pull me down
n/a
- Age -
non-binary badger
- Species & Sex -
n/a
- Rank -

Here's your local Badger's input.
Big Cats
While I'm all for working hard to get a second big cat I do think it should be a little easier to achieve maybe something like 750 (maybe 800) Dares and Staff Approval for your second big cat and then bump up the standards for a third big cat with something like 1000+ dares, Ratio Check, and Staff Approval. They could also be more of a seasonal or time thing? Like perhaps only one or two weeks out of the month you can purchase big cat passes?

OTMs
Of course I'm always for these! Maybe do a Feline, Canine, and Thread OTM? Perhaps we could even give the winners a little gift. 5-10 extra dares for the feline, canine, and participants in the thread and perhaps an avatar (which I would be willing to do sense I did recommend it!) I agree with Dragon though, perhaps a little block once you win, mostly for the Canine and Feline spots because thread participants would be a lil hard to block x.x I'm thinking a three month resting period? This way your character can only be nominated four times at the most in one year.

Site Events
We should definitely do holiday things!! Maybe for Halloween there could be a sort of curse deal? Either you pick a number and that character with would get the curse randomly assigned with that number? Or we do a kind of spooky one night event! Fog covering everywhere, spirits return for a night, ZOMBIES?!? And I'm completely on board with a Secret Santa!! Not exactly sure how we should do it. I guess if you're extremely familiar with each other, gonna use Sage and Lu for an example, you could send them a gift through the mail perhaps! In the case you get someone you don't have much history with you can gift them just about anything. Art, codes, etc. Just make sure you're comfortable with it! Dare We Dream is a safe zone for everyone <3

Discovering new land should become a thing once we have a bit of a bigger crew!! Perhaps there's an island not to far off shore you and X number of creatures have to work together to get to? Could even use events like this as a form of getting more dares! Not sure how much the staff would want to award for an exploration event but I think this would be more helpful with plots and getting characters to venture! Later down the road it could form to more bigger plots such as new groups and stuff. But let's not get carried away now!
PM
^
Lost
 Posted: Sep 10 2016, 02:19 PM
- Dreamer -
who will save the hero?
Twenty-one
- Age -
Hooman Grill
- Species & Sex -
N/A
- Rank -

OKAY GUYS, I'M TOTALLY GOING TO GO OFF THE RAILS HERE AND COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC, but i have an in-character idea that might be interesting? basically, the idea of in-character random events could be really fun. essentially, and thread (or maybe just any 'open' thread with no significant plot impact) is always at the risk of facing a random event. this could mean at any given time, at random, something could occur in-threath that would demand an immediate response (sudden storm, threat or a predator, etc.). this wouldn't mean that another character would have to come along as a challenger, but perhaps there is a run in with a bear and her cubs, maybe gale winds or a flash flood to seek shelter.<br><br>

i think it's a great way to give the element of surprise, keep things interesting, and forces characters into situations with others that they might not otherwise have been in. these events are at the discretion of the staff, who can make the event known in unsuspecting threads, such that the characters within it are suddenly forced with the task of dealing with it. naturally, these wouldn't happen all the time, but at random in any given thread (with the exception of significant plot threads, i suppose), at any given time.
PM
^
Ser Marxos
 Posted: Sep 10 2016, 05:17 PM
- Head of Security -
Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a separate reality. The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?
23 // Male
- Age -
Crystal Lizard
- Species & Sex -
Knight of the Realm
- Rank -

You're not off-topic at all Lost. In-Character events, even ones that do not pertain to site-wide plots but instead happen on a small scale and at random would be a valuable asset that myself and the other Staffers could utilize. A great way to mix things up a bit and put characters into situations that they weren't expecting or are possibly new to them. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the rest of these, I'm very interested in the lot of them, especially some Holiday-themed stuff in which we would have the chance to hold contests of any varieties (from Secret Santas to Site-Banner contests to Writing and Posting challenges where the person who makes the most posts in a certain amount of times gets a prize).

As the proprietor of the biggest kitty-cat gathering in the land I am perfectly fine with the idea of being able to have two big cat characters and having any additional ones having to be worked up to in a serious way. That, the staff and I can discuss in detail of course.

Otherwise I don't have anything new to add at the moment. I think everyone's ideas encompass a lot of what needs to be touched upon especially in terms of what players can get out of this site. <3

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
ℓubear ☮
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 03:28 PM
- Administrator -
'these mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.'
21 ☀ ✌ ☮
- Age -
mama bear
- Species & Sex -
Head Re-Creator & Coder
- Rank -

I'll add more to my response later, but I wanted to point out a week or so ago I made an official 'Mother Nature' Account, in which we can universally pop into threads to make them more interesting and earn some dares meanwhile ^^

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

ADMIN, MODERATOR, DREAMER, GLACIUM WOLF, EBRIETAS DYNASTY, SKULLDUGGERY OATHS, ROGUES, INACTIVE

chat box
staff team

lubear ☮
administrator / coding

ser marxos
administrator / security

Sage
administrator

erebus

v.ampyrx

Dragon

open threads
Risk, a canine rpg UnEnchanted - A Canidae Roleplay Only the Best Canine Roleplays! Canidae Top Canine RPGs Animus Top 50 Animal RPG's Club and Fang