Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome to the New Age - {Equis' Appearance}, Equis; Open!
Equis Kassadim
 Posted: Apr 26 2016, 12:44 AM
- Lone Cat -
When the days are cold and the cards all fold, and the saints we see are all made of gold.
three years
- Age -
white lion
- Species & Sex -
Rogue
- Rank -

BLACK SHEEP, COME HOME
--------------------------- now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend ---------------------------

Equis; Open; ❋ 386 words
Adrenaline pumped through the pale lion's veins as he walked through the shallows of the southern shores of Traum. It wasn't everyday you conquered your biggest fear, but it was necessary today. It could've been the paranoia, but something told him that staying so close much longer to home after Harlinn's disappearance could be a bad idea. Taking the land bridge would be expected, and most of the pride members knew of his hydrophobia. He decided the most logical escape plan would be to swim across the gap separating the two land masses. The only thing Equis could do now was live for Harlinn, and hope that she would turn up. She wouldn't want him to get killed over her. She'd want him to live, and so he would.

Relief washed over the price as all four paws touch the dry earth. Dripping with water, Equis' pelt felt a thousand pounds as he pulled himself out of the salty waters. Slowly, he made his way inland to find a spot to relax. What am I doing? He questioned silently. What am I going to do now? Birds chattered lightly in the distance, and the sun was quickly descending upon the western horizon. The sky was just beginning to darken, and the smell of rain hung in the air.

Thoughts continued to roll around chaotically in the fellow's mind as he mindlessly meandered across beach for a good spot. Equis finally found himself a patch of grass the seemed to creep from inland through the sand. A grunt sounded from the back of his throat as he plopped down on his side and his stomach let out a quiet whimper, but the brute ignored it as he proceeded to groom his sopping mane. It would be a while until he got dry, and he felt a little vulnerable. The slightly traumatic experience of being completely surrounded by water while clinging to a piece of driftwood was pretty fresh in his mind. He was trying hard to forget about the whole experience. Still, he kept his eyes scanning carefully, and his ears listening for anything out of the ordinary. This was a new territory to be explored, and there was sure to be others looking to escape, or looking for a new home around the island.

ooc: I'm tired, but I really really wanted to just do a little bit of writing and start a little open thread to get to know the dynamic? If anyone would like to join all are welcome! :) SO EXCITE TOO HYPE CAN'T WAIT
PM
^
Ser Marxos
 Posted: Apr 26 2016, 11:44 PM
- Head of Security -
Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a separate reality. The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?
23 // Male
- Age -
Crystal Lizard
- Species & Sex -
Knight of the Realm
- Rank -

user posted image

KOSM EBRIETAS

The steady rush of the ocean filled the air, punctuated by the chaotic shriking of gulls and gannets is they wheeled their chaotic dances on the dusk thermals. Broken like a yolk against the western horizon the sun cast bloody tendrils that faded out into a velvety indigo. The world, the ocean, were bathed in a fading glow. Night was slowly creeping closer.

On the land bridge a hulking figure strolled north towards the "mainland" of Traum, leaving Topazus behind. His silhouette was cast stark against the sky, and he knew deep down that with the approaching darkness someone back at home was bound to notice his disappearance. But it was already too late, Kosm had already almost made it to the other side. 'Just a peek' he told himself. Then he would return to the tiresome rabble of commanding what remained of an empire. This was not, however, the young Liger's first trek across - an act looked upon warily by the felines of Topazus - but on his father's crown he vowed it would neither be the last. It was time the Dynasty came out of their collective shell. The gods had blessed them with a direct link to new and exciting discoveries.

As Traum drew closer a warm heaviness had entered the air and it wrapped his back and shoulders like an old musty blanket. Kosm threw his head back and sucked in a deep breath through his nostrils before letting out a rumbling, contented sigh. Coupled with the electricity that seemed to radiate through the air this was a sure sign of a pleasant Spring night's shower to come.

The last light was being swallowed by distant clouds when Kosm Ebrietas, AWOL Shogun of the Ebrietas Dynasty and former bastard, made landfall on Traum. Promptly he began to wander down along the length of the beach, thinking of how it sparkled in proper daylight. He drank up the lapping of the ocean on soft sands part of his mind had wandered off. Being the largest creature anybody had known since you were born gave the young Lord an ease of grace. As Kosm crested a shallow dune he was so consumed in himself he barely noticed the lion resting in a bed of bristling dunegrasses looking to all of the world like more rock than feline.

It was the shifting of the wind in a sudden gust that brought the scent of cat to Kosm's nostrils and he paused to gaze round, ears rotating like little satellites. His soft round face was rather impassive but jade green eyes glittered in what remained of refracted light.

'A lion? I swore to hell I hadn't been followed... But I don't think one of ours.' The ocean brine had all but scoured the ivory male of any identity. He cleared his throat.

"Uhh, rain's coming, friend. Won't find much shelter from it out here but--" he paused and shifted one paw through the sand thoughtfully, admiring the clean, fat strokes his claws made in the sand. "--Spring showers round these parts tend to be pretty pleasant." A smile graced his lazy lips.

OOC - Sorry, I really don't have a proper table or good picture for Kosm yet, and I'm just kinda getting a feel for him now. :33

Word Count - 521

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Equis Kassadim
 Posted: Apr 29 2016, 01:09 AM
- Lone Cat -
When the days are cold and the cards all fold, and the saints we see are all made of gold.
three years
- Age -
white lion
- Species & Sex -
Rogue
- Rank -

BLACK SHEEP, COME HOME
--------------------------- now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend ---------------------------

Equis; Kosm; Open; ❋ 330 words
With each tender pass of Equis' tongue, he pulled the moisture from each small section of his mane. He smelled the rain in the air, and knew it would all be in vain when the downpour happened. Even still, he wanted the smell of salt off of him. The stench was like a reminder of the terror that just occurred not minutes before. It felt good to have accomplished it, but now it was best forgotten. A few silent moments passed, and the former royalty heard nothing but the rhythmic sound of his grooming.

Keen ears swiveled at the sound of soft pawsteps hitting the sand. The prince ceased the careful cleaning of his snowy mane, as his mind switched into overdrive. 'Large feline. Bigger than me. Probably male. ' The wind ushered in the stranger's scent, and a wave of relief washed over him. It wasn't family, but definitely a member of a pride. He turned his head slowly, careful not to make any sudden movements. A striped lion slid over the sands, headed from the direction of the land bridge. 'What was he doing out here?' Careful eyes watched him take a couple more oblivious steps before the wind shifted. Unease lingered in the pit of Equis' stomach, but at the same time this stranger was being kind and welcoming.

"Uhh, rain's coming, friend. Won't find much shelter from it out here but--" Equis studied the way he pawed at the sand lazily. There was obviously no threat, but it was best to keep alert."--Spring showers round these parts tend to be pretty pleasant."

"Ahh yes. A little spring rain is good for the spirit," The rouge paused for a moment. His ghastly tail flickered behind him, as curiosity still lingered in his mind. 'Why is he here?' Maybe the stranger was thinking the same thing, but it was only polite to give introductions first. "I am Equis Kassadim, and who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"

ooc: It's all good :D I'm just getting to know Equis as well :P
PM
^
Ser Marxos
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 05:51 AM
- Head of Security -
Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a separate reality. The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?
23 // Male
- Age -
Crystal Lizard
- Species & Sex -
Knight of the Realm
- Rank -

user posted image

KOSM EBRIETAS

A few tense moments passed.

Finally after such a long pause at this awkward entrance the bleached lion spoke up. Even at this distance, Kosm could see the signs of agitated tension. Made sense though. Kosm had been escaping an undeniable duty... What was this fellow running from? It had become quite obvious that this was indeed no cat of Kosm's fold. Those wild red eyes told him that much. Despite the strange happenings, he was greeted with apprehensive friendliness. The young lord felt the muscles in his shoulders relax.

"Ahh yes. A little spring rain is good for the spirit."

Good nature; Good fortune. There were no ties here and yet Kosm could not pinpoint where this fellow came from. Was he a islander of the smaller tribes that often escaped the rule of the Dynasty? Or was he a feline of the mainland? Granted his knowledge of Traum as a whole was lacking, the possibilities were soon swimming in his mind. He shook his heavy head slightly. He was asked his name... His name.

"Kosm," he said. He decided to keep his newly earned last name a secret for the moment. Whether this cat knew his history or not was not the matter. "I'm Kosm. I came over from Topazus to see what all the talk is about here." The Liger sighed. " But then of course the rains came a-callin'."

As if on cue the plump, purple clouds above opened up and so began a gentle rain. Kosm looked up squinting into it and laughed heartily. His tail twitched and he gazed to Equis. "Well screw me for talking eh?" As the rain fell gently, it bathed them in a strange warmth. The giant made a swatting motion at the ivory lion, beckoning him forward. "I think we should find some shelter either way."

In the distance there was the smashing of thunder, as if the gods were taking bets.

OOC - Seems like there could be some fun here. :3

Word Count - 321

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Equis Kassadim
 Posted: May 7 2016, 06:10 PM
- Lone Cat -
three years
- Age -
white lion
- Species & Sex -
Rogue
- Rank -

BLACK SHEEP, COME HOME

Equis; Kosm; Open; ❋ 365 words 
Cloudy skies swirled above as the gulls began to retreat into the foliage. This was all background noise, as the former prince felt his shoulders slump as he relaxed into his spot in the small grassy bed. The bulky liger seemed to be drifting off in thought for a moment, before he shook his headas if bringing himself back into the present again. Finally, he stated name plainly. 'Kosm.' An interesting name indeed, but why did he hide his surname? The thought poked at Equis' curiosity; what could he be hiding from?

The longer they stood, slowly Equis began to put the pieces together. He smelled... Familiar to say the least. As he grew, the rogue family of misfits that raised him spent a lot of time fleeing from this scent. Was this a cat of the Dynasty? The feline kept the thought to himself as Kosm continued. 'I'm Kosm. I came over from Topazus to see what all the talk is about here.' The Liger sighed. 'But then of course the rains came a-callin'.'

The trained prince finally registered the silence of the usually obnoxious gulls that usually flew along the shores. He turned his mask to the sky, and was greeted with the soft kisses of rain. A deep hearty laugh sounded from Kosm, and Equis directed his attention back at him, a childish grin sweeping across his ghastly features. 'Well screw me for talking eh?' His earthy globes smiled back at Equis. The acquaintance beckoned with a wide paw towards the inland direction. 'I think we should find some shelter either way.'

"Sounds like a plan to me." Replied Equis agreed with a curt nod. He pushed himself up from his spot. Too bad, he was just starting to get comfortable. As he lifted from the lion shaped imprint he left on the ground. He looked forward, scanning the area for somewhere with cover from the warm shower. His satellite dishes twitched as rain droplets struck his ears. Equis moved himself a few steps across the sand towards the green foliage beyond. "Maybe there's some cover inland," He stopped, turning back to look at Kosm. "Up for a bit of adventure, friend?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN, MODERATOR, DREAMER, GLACIUM WOLF, EBRIETAS DYNASTY, SKULLDUGGERY OATHS, ROGUES, INACTIVE

chat box
staff team

lubear ☮
administrator / coding

ser marxos
administrator / security

Sage
administrator

erebus

v.ampyrx

Dragon

open threads
Risk, a canine rpg UnEnchanted - A Canidae Roleplay Only the Best Canine Roleplays! Canidae Top Canine RPGs Animus Top 50 Animal RPG's Club and Fang