Posted: May 29 2016, 04:03 AM
- Ebrietas Dynasty -
N/A
- Age -
Serval
- Species & Sex -
TBD
- Rank -

Warm golden sand flew out from beneath Tenzin's paws in fantastic arches. Her muscles churned beneath her spotted pelt, her breath came in gasps but she had never felt more alive than in this moment. The wind gushed around her whipping at the wispy grass that sparsely decorated the rolling sandy hills, creating a cacophony of rustling that surrounded her and drowned out the roaring of the blood in her ears. She'd been out here the majority of the day pushing herself to run farther, faster, jump higher. This was her favorite place to be, the soft sand was a cushion when she fell, resistance to build up her strength when she ran, warmth for her aching body after a long work out, and it helped that birds would occasionally make their nests among the tall green fronds for a quick snack. Another circuit along her circular track and she was ready to call it quits for now; there was no use in her wearing herself out when there was still plenty of daylight left. Slowing to a trot she angled away from the mainland and towards the water, her small tail waving behind her in the air.

Despite her long legs she still had trouble seeing the ocean over the long grass and if not for her large ears and the fact that the ocean was far from quiet she probably would have spent a good deal of time trying to figure out where it was. Tenzin pushed through the last of the sparse grass and out onto the damp beach. Here the cool air rolled off the water bringing her relief from the hot sun and her tired body. A few more steps and the tide reached out to greet her, caressing her paws with its gentle touch, promising relief from the heat. Walking out until she was up to her stomach in the soft waves she let out a deep, cleansing sigh. Sand swirled around her paws with each retreat of the waves causing her to ever so slowly sink until she adjusted her position and the process started again.

Finally her heart rate returned to normal and her breathing now came slowly and evenly, her muscles feeling worked and stretched, but not weakened by the intense workout. Turning slowly she waded back out of the water and back onto the warm, dry sand. Tenzin settled herself in a small dip in the sand and rested her head on her lithe forelegs, eyes drooping ever so slightly as she completely relaxed. Her muscles hummed pleasantly and she decided that there was no better feeling than relaxing after hours of movement. She was loathe to get up and return to the Dynasty, telling herself she would return soon she allowed her eyes to close fully and soon her breathing slowed as she slipped off to sleep.
PM
^
Kosm Ebrietas
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 04:24 AM
- Ebrietas Dynasty -
"Majestic! A hunter is a hunter even in a dream."
5 Years
- Age -
Liger || Male
- Species & Sex -
Shogun
- Rank -

The sun beat down upon the silent sands.

Heat exhaustion was a problem in the deceptively vast expanses of the Scimitar Barrens if one was not careful. From the entrance of the forest, one could see barely the waters of the ocean lurking beyond the rolling dunes. Truly it seemed far closer then it actually was, such was the dangerous mirage of the Barrens. Creatures who were unaware fell victim to it, yet the felines of Topazus had long been smartened to the illusions of the heated sands and knew through instinct the careful paths made through the Sword Grass and the scorpions alike, ever lurking amongst secret places. Kosm of course was one of them. He had travelled through the Barrens to the Glimmer Coast many a time before - and after - his inauguration as Shogun. Today was such a day, and the Liger headed in the direction of the land bridge.

He sought to run away from his problems right now. How could any creature think he was ready to be some sort of leader? No matter what Andrastos said to him, his place as Shogun felt ill-taken. He was a bastard once after all. Even if he was accepted as more than that now, did that really change his original lot in life? Now felines looked towards him for direction. What direction could he give them when he constantly tried to run?

These thoughts ran fast and hard through the Liger's mind as he cut a winding path through the Barrens. Lost in a reverie he carelessly walked through a patch of sword grass, it's edges as sharp as any blade, it nicked deeply into Kosm's ankles and he clumsily stopped his forward motion to hiss in pain. It was a rather good reminder to keep aware and keen. Blood dripped in fine rivulets down his forelegs, but the gouges werent too deep. The salt of the ocean waters would suit his wounds well. Stil he cursed himself for being so careless. The problems of the whole island were upon him, was that really a reason to forget yourself?

Kosm picked up his pace again and mindfully found a gentler path through the sands. His great shoulders pumped, muscles pulled and etched against his flesh as this monster in animal strode with purpose coastward, annoyed by the stinging in his heels. All that mattered was the coast, the land bridge, his one source of escape from his duties on this damnable island to which he had been sworn not only as a protector.. but now a leader. He sauntered toward the waters, lost in his own mind when a strange scent strayed into nostrils. He drew in a deep breath and recognized it... Tenzin.

The sands had been disturbed by minuscule paws. He got closer to the shores, ready to move on and yet the scent of her distracted him. The Liger shook his head. Surely she could not be near and yet... As the bastard Shogun rounded the top of the dunes before the Glimmer Coast he looked down and saw the Serval. Laying stretched across the rainbow sands like some sort of goddess. Uncaring of the world around her. He smirked internally. Tenzin, another cat he had fought alongside as Samurai. Quick to temper and quick to training, Tenzin had always been a feline that Kosm admired. A true warrior.

So he stood atop the dune for a moment. By any means he could dart off along the land bridge without so much as a peep.. But Tenzin. The bastard bit down on his desire to wander for once and made a shifting descent don the dune.. His weight caused him to slide unevenly through the sands as he came down.

"Tenzin!" he called. He smiled a toothy, lopsided grin as he approached the Serval. "It has been forever. Simply forever," He hoped that she would greet him just as any Samurai would to another. What use was he as Shogun if he couldnt even garner the love of his former friends?

"What are you doing by the coast I.." Kosm winced and shuddered.. Blood was still pouring from knicks in his legs. coating his ankles in tragic crimson."I guess I forgot about the grass. The dumb-ass I am."

OOC - Okay I have to straight up say right now. Tenzin is badass and I love her to death. She and Kosm will get along so well.. their personalities highly mesh.

Word Count - 713
PMEmail
^
Tenzin Ashera
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 02:41 AM
- Ebrietas Dynasty -
N/A
- Age -
Serval
- Species & Sex -
TBD
- Rank -

The light rushing of sand down the dune caught the attention of the relaxed feline, her ears turning slowly towards the sound before her eyes opened, azure pools gazing towards the large liger coming toward her. At his greeting and pleasant smile she dipped her head and offered a kind squint of her eyes. She had fond memories of the days when they were both Samurai; never once did he ridicule her for her size nor make any quips about her lack of strength and for that she was grateful. He was an admirable feline and she knew that she could trust him. Tenzin rose to her paws, her eyes taking in the blood on his ankles moments before he mentioned it himself. Gesturing with her short tail towards the ocean waves she called out politely, "Perhaps you meant to take a dip in the water to cleanse your wounds?" Humor colored her tone, that was something she'd done many a time and she knew all too well the severe sting it brought on.

Not waiting for him to reply she strode into the water until it lightly caressed the fur along her chest. She longed to go for a swim but knew the current could have potential dangerous undertows and she would rather not have to struggle for her life out at sea. Tenzin tilted her head back toward Kosm and allowed her light voice to carry along the wind, "I was training actually, you just caught me during my down time. Were coming out here to be alone, I don't see many out here during the heat of the day. Come to think of it maybe that's why I come out here." Something akin to a chuckle forced its way out of her throat at the realization. My she was quite the hermit sometimes, even among her own people. The swirling of water lulled her mind with its gentle repetitiveness, the feeling of her fur being brushed this way and that was something close to what she would feel when she was still in the nursery as her mother groomed her. Briefly she wondered if Kosm knew what it was to feel that warm and comforted. She knew little of his past, only that he was the bastard son of the previous Shogun. Tenzin felt a twinge of sorrow for the liger, despite her seemingly uncaring outwards appearance she knew she needed her family and couldn't imagine what it would be like for one to grow without them. All this was speculation of course, but she cared for the Kosm and felt he deserved a great deal of happiness.

ooc; i'm sorry this was such a long wait for such a shitty post omf
PM
^
Kosm Ebrietas
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 09:33 PM
- Ebrietas Dynasty -
"Majestic! A hunter is a hunter even in a dream."
5 Years
- Age -
Liger || Male
- Species & Sex -
Shogun
- Rank -

Felines were supposed to be the picture of grace, emissaries of fleetness of foot who crept as silent hunters through any terrain. Many waxed poetic about the languid royal air of felines, their bodies like liquid and their gemstone eyes, yet here he was, the earth still tumbling lightly down behind him and his wounds leaving dark crimson stains on the glittering rainbow sands. He seemed at this moment more of a giant kitten than the stoic leader of an advanced society.

Tenzin locked onto him with her hooded gaze, intensely observant peeling away at his personage. She made him feel goofy and naked as if every single hair had fallen off his body to expose the delicate pink flesh beneath. She twitched her tail towards the water and suggested somewhat smugly that he had come to clean his wounds. Kosm felt himself blush and was thankful that he indeed had fur on his cheeks and ears to hide it. Without another word she padded into the tide until the foamy waves washed up to her tiny chest. It was an open challenge of sorts and finally Kosm awoke from the strange reverie that had held him, he followed her into the tide.

Where the water hit her chest and threatened to pull her in, it only came halfway up the Liger’s legs. Unbeknownst to Tenzin he watched her carefully to make sure the stray tide would not pull her away from the coast. She turned to him again. “I was training actually, you just caught me during my down time. Were coming out here to be alone, I don't see many out here during the heat of the day. Come to think of it maybe that's why I come out here.”

Kosm nodded dully as the cool, salt water washed into his wounds and brought forth a fresh but soothing sting. His shoulders slumped weightily. It was as if the responsibilities of his new mantle had been bearing down on him. ”Methinks I come here for the same reason most days,” he admitted. ”Ruling.. huh. I used to think it trivial. Now I know it is nothing to sniff at.”

He paused for the longest time. He seemed to retreat into himself in thought, even his eyes became guarded and his whiskers twitched ever so slightly. Part of him felt the sense of pity flowing off of Tenzin. He was used to that, but it still stung. To be thought of only by the confusing circumstances of your own life.

There was something he wished to ply though and he shook his head, sending droplets flying. ”Tenzin there is something I must ask of you.. Because you are Samurai and because I trust you.” He smiled now with new vigor and the waves bashed against them.

”I need trusted cats to take on new ranks.. The old have died off. We are left with but ourselves. Do you get where I’m coming from?” Kosm glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes but then drew his gaze to the horizon. He hoped and waited.

OOC - No, I am sorry for taking so long to reply to you. It was awful of me to hold out so long.

Word Count - 517
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN, MODERATOR, DREAMER, GLACIUM WOLF, EBRIETAS DYNASTY, SKULLDUGGERY OATHS, ROGUES, INACTIVE

chat box
staff team

lubear ☮
administrator / coding

ser marxos
administrator / security

Sage
administrator

erebus

v.ampyrx

Dragon

open threads
Risk, a canine rpg UnEnchanted - A Canidae Roleplay Only the Best Canine Roleplays! Canidae Top Canine RPGs Animus Top 50 Animal RPG's Club and Fang