Add Reply
New Poll

Lost History, Keumjo and Drago's First Meeting
Keumjo Keres
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 07:41 PM
- Lone Wolf -
This is a beautiful lie, my last lie. Even if it hurts to death, I am hiding myself under a mask for you.
Four Winters
- Age -
Arctic x Timber Wolf
- Species & Sex -
Ice Princess
- Rank -

A

soft tickle in her throat reminded her of an old legend her mother once shared, warning her and her brother to never fall into one-sided love.

Keumjo coughed lightly to rid herself of the itch, her breath bursting into a white puff of shimmery mist. The moon was full and bright today the dull gray stones illuminated white in the silvery light. Her pelt glowed brightly, as if it had absorbed the moon and starlight. The tall wraith ambled up the cliffside path until reaching a large boulder, relatively flat and smooth on its top.

Good of a place as any to rest I guess… Her lean muscles flexed and her paws fell gracefully atop the stone. Sprawling her body out to bask under the moonlight, she had a vantage point up here, even when completely laying on her side. If she shuffled her head over slightly, she could even peer high over the trees in the valleys between the mountains.

Sighing, she retreating into her abyss, letting her memories take her back.

The legend followed a young fae who fell victim to an illness born from unrequited love. To Keumjo, love itself could be considered an illness for the pain and all the clouded thinking it caused. But in order to contract this particular disease, it needed to be one-sided, severely beyond simple heartbreak. The story wasn’t pleasant and incredibly tragic to say the least, but then again, when was there ever a happy ending? Unlike most sappy stories Keumjo’s nose would have wrinkled to, she found herself rather interested as her mother told the story long ago. She had been a pup back then, her brother still rather young as well. Both of them were lounging about the forest ferns as their mother picked medicinal plants. It was late summer, the frost just beginning to kill.

The tale begins with three small petals, no larger than the petals of cherry blossoms. The fae heart tight in her chest after having a passing and friendly conversation with her love. The male was warmer than the sun, gentle and bright, but saw her nothing more than a close friend. Her feelings bloomed in her chest white, pure, deadly.

She felt something rising in her throat, the urge to gag and choke sudden. After some hacking, she stared in horror at the ground, at what had thrown up.

Her brother had cackled at how ridiculous how anyone could feel like that. Keumjo had rolled her eyes and her mother stared down her son sympathetically. He would face his own unfortunate fate for his crassness a year from then. Keumjo eventually averted her eyes from her brother who was now throwing a fit about having silly feelings and she found herself staring at her mother, silently requesting her to continue. Her mother too was beginning to ignore her sibling.

As the disease progressed, the wolf would feel waves of nauseous and would continuously hide from her pack, trying to hide the condition. It became more than choking up a few small petals, soon it was suffocating mouthfuls, to whole blossoms, and eventually it was the stems and all. The thorns ravaging her throat until the white petals were stained a vibrant red.

“It’s fatal,” Euaerin told her, “A love so pure and honest which isn’t reciprocated. Those feelings begin blooming before you can realize. You suffocate. I won’t describe to you the gruesome details for now...flowers can express love, life, and death.”

“They’re fucking plants,” her brother scoffed, “Keumjo, let’s go hunt.” He padded over to her sister, giving her shoulder a bump with a toothy grin. Keumjo’s eyes flickered from her sibling to her mother, asking for permission to leave. She wasn’t particular on following her brother around, but he adored dragging her and teaching her.

Euaerin’s gaze on Keumjo was soft.“Did you listen well?”

Keumjo nodded, walking from her brother to touch her mother's cheek. Her red eyes thanking Euaerin sincerely, before turning to follow her brother who was shouting about what he thought wolves should be believing in. How he didn’t scare away the prey in the whole territory was beyond Keumjo.

The white wolf blinked blearily to stare up at the moon, drawing herself out of her head. She adjusted herself to a sitting position before turning her gaze to the heavens.

“Ah mother, dear Euaerin. I know...I still remember and I know. I should have listened. But your son...my brother...” Keumjo murmured to no one, wrapping her tail tightly around her rump, a small deterrent against the chill.

Word Count: 770

OOC: I had fun writing this post because I felt like developing her historical dynamic with her brother more.

Spoken Word

Internal Thougths / Other

PM
^
Abel L'Amour
 Posted: Aug 1 2016, 07:06 PM
- Glacium Pack -
And what do you think you'd understand? I'm a boy, no, I'm a man.. You can't take me and throw me away. And how can you learn what's never shown?
Two Years
- Age -
Grey Wolf ♒ Male
- Species & Sex -
Glacium Warrior
- Rank -

A couple of days ago Abel made the first attempt to cross the natural bridge between Glacium and Traum. There were tales of the main island, that it was haunted by those who were ravaged by the war five years ago. What if there were wolf bones scattered about the paths as Abel walked? He smirked and tried to envision it, trying to brush it off as something dark and cool, but inside his chest shuddered with dread.

Being on his lonesome got to him sometimes. He hadn't parents to help him after his first year, his hunting skills were starting to lack and his social skills were desperate. Luckily the pack was beginning to pull itself together and in his own mind, he decided his part was to go scout a bit. The mountains in Glacium didn't top the one he was currently trekking up. The moon was full and beckoning him to explore.

The sight of a something white up the jagged path caught his eye.... That of which looked like another wolf. Surely the other already noticed him and for a slight second the younger wolf held his breath and pondered if it were truly a ghost of Traum's past...

Held tight in his position for a moment, he pulled his ears forward but kept his tail low, issuing a mutual position in his body language. If it were a wolf, he was more than curious to ensue the other. Rather his imagination played games, poking in his mind that this was some spirit of the mountain.

"Mighty fine spot you're restin' on," His voice rang out over the chilled mountain breeze. Glancing out over the view she has, he's both intrigued by all the unknown lands below and by the moonlight covered wolfess.

PM
^
Keumjo Keres
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 11:10 PM
- Lone Wolf -
This is a beautiful lie, my last lie. Even if it hurts to death, I am hiding myself under a mask for you.
Four Winters
- Age -
Arctic x Timber Wolf
- Species & Sex -
Ice Princess
- Rank -

If one thing could petrify the world, it would be moonlight. The dreamy silver washed over the landscape, leaving an eerie stillness despite the intermittent gusts of air rolling down the mountain peaks. Time seemed frozen. Keumjo scanned the swaying pines, then dropped her head to stare at her paws. She wriggled her toes, watching how the light played on her feet, and grimaced. Perhaps this is how the dead experienced the afterlife, the dead with unfinished deeds or too much recoil, trapped spirits only able to see the world stuck in the moment they left it.

A strong yet familiar scent hit her before she could dwell on the thought. It drowned out the smell of damp rocks and mist. Her eyes narrowed, the smell was laced with a tinge unmistakably from Glacium and she knew she had not met this wolf in the past. And it was getting stronger. Keumjo thought it was unlikely he followed her. It would make more sense he left on a mission to track down the Ice Princess, but even that seemed unlikely. It must have been by chance.

She didn’t move from her perch atop the boulder, choosing to stare at the vast mountain range. Keumjo had come here seeking solitude, and well, to give the pack forming on the northern island a chance to form without a worrying scent of an unidentifiable wolf. She was choosing to avoid interfering with the rise of the new power possessing the north. Keumjo would be return her ghostly presence later when thing were settled out. Yet...here she was dealing with a wolf from Glacium.

She wondered why he didn’t have anything better to do.

A voice called out to her, confident. Keumjo didn’t even need to turn to could feel the hints of curiosity seeping from the wolf.

“Mighty fine spot you’re restin’ on.”

The white wolf slowly adjusted her gaze and turned her head to examine the wolf before her, raking over his figure with an unreadable expression. He was fairly young, and showed little sign of being a threat to her despite his body of a fighter. His golden eyes were shining with interest. It reminded her of someone she once knew.

She blinked slowly, before leaping off the rock, sticking a soundless landing. Her long limbs absorbed the impact well. The taciturn wolf glided towards the path, stopping in front of the dark wolf.

“Take it if you so wish,” she replied softly with no malice. Her voice was delicate a bird wings, yet cold as the dead. Her brother used to call her death’s angel back when they used to hunt together before hell broke lose. Her beauty was akin to the heavens, her pack called it unworldly, her perfect proportions, dressed in a pristine snowy pelt. But her kills were too clean, her voice too unempathic and empty. While soft and pure, the lack of emotions often lead others to compare her to a reaper. It pushed them away, they feared her despite how gentle her soul was back then.

Her eyes met his, the crimson glowing eerily in the silver light, reading him. “That is...if you are truly interested in the view. You seem more interested in speaking with me.”

Spoken Word

Word Count: 544
OOC: :333
PM
^
Abel L'Amour
 Posted: Aug 13 2016, 06:42 PM
- Glacium Pack -
And what do you think you'd understand? I'm a boy, no, I'm a man.. You can't take me and throw me away. And how can you learn what's never shown?
Two Years
- Age -
Grey Wolf ♒ Male
- Species & Sex -
Glacium Warrior
- Rank -

Her reactions were unexpected, as the young male held himself almost still to watch her movements. Though her face seemed to hold no true emotional reaction, he had a subtle feeling she would have rather he didn't prance into her moon lit bath.

It was as if her pelt has already soaked up the moon however, the way it effortless flowed with the mysterious essence as such. Even the lonesome ambiance he was receiving from this wolfess echoed the moon's own personality. Leaping down from the spot, offering it up, he suddenly felt anxious his presence caused her to think such things.

"No ma'am, I didn't wish to disturb you." He faltered, young and slightly western voice bellowing calmly. Since she leaped down, he approached closer- recognizing nothing similar about her scent or accents. As a warrior in training for Glacium, he tried to keep some of his wits about him... though she easily made that difficult.

Flashing a confident smile, his golden eyes kept up with her red orbs. "Just an ace in training, Abel L'Amour. Enjoying the night skies?" Glancing up to the moon, he pondered if she truly loved the silence so much, for he wouldn't admit it but had the hardest time accepting being completely alone. To hell with that shit, he summered in his youthful mind.

PM
^
Keumjo Keres
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 10:20 PM
- Lone Wolf -
Four Winters
- Age -
Arctic x Timber Wolf
- Species & Sex -
Ice Princess
- Rank -

"No ma’am, I didn’t wish to disturb you.” He shot her a toothy self-assured grin, his eyes holding hers steadily. “Just an ace in training, Abel L’Amour. Enjoying the night skies?”

Keumjo raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips, giving a mildly unimpressed look at his small-talk efforts. She wondered where he acquired his strange accent. Western.

“It’s fine,” she replied curtly and shrugged noncommittally. Her gaze briefly flickering briefly, following his glance to the moon. It did certainly casted the mountains beautiful light, but unearthly calm atmosphere it supplied was unsettling. She returned her focus to the charcoal warrior before her.

“It brings the dead back to life.” Keumjo continued vacantly, waving her tail dismissively. She didn’t exactly mean it literally, but the dead did return in memories. Haunting memories that rose from the dark depths too easily, invading thoughts and begging for attention. It would be easier if it was all erased, but that too may be more painful.

Her cherry eyes watched him carefully as she slipped closer, legs carrying her with unnatural oily grace. Keumjo tilted her head and held her maw next to his ear, the tuffs of fur there ruffed from her breath.

“If you didn’t want to disturb me, you would not have approached me Abel,” Keumjo murmured pointedly, letting the observation sit there. Keumjo pulled away shaking her head and she laughed lightly, the chuckle unnervingly empty. It wasn’t hard to tell that he didn’t like being alone. Wolves were naturally social creatures, but this one...he really didn’t like being alone. For whatever reason.

She brushed past him, barely touching, only the longest strands of her pelt tickling his. Keumjo walked back towards the stony perch she had be sitting upon, situating herself at its base. The ground was smooth and cool beneath her.

“An ace in training...” she mumbled lowly to herself and hummed thoughtfully. Why was this so familiar?

L’Amour!

She snapped her head to reexamine the wolf before her. Keumjo had no idea how she could have forgotten that one. It was probably one of the most interesting she had heard. It had changed the course of history on Traum, it was one of the most iconic deaths of the old war. Zane’s death. She had heard the story of two white beasts bringing that warrior down, one holding a striking resemblance to herself or well, so she was told.

“Ah, I know who you are now, young fighter. I remember.” her crimson eyes shimmered, suddenly very interested. “Your bloodline has an interesting tale doesn’t it?”

Spoken Word

Word Count: 440
PM
^
Abel L'Amour
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 09:52 PM
- Glacium Pack -
Two Years
- Age -
Grey Wolf ♒ Male
- Species & Sex -
Glacium Warrior
- Rank -

Her words were a tad dark, mingling with poetic like numbers that the slightly blunt and simple minded Abel didn't quite understand. Her lovely voice matched the mysterious undertones of her words, but it did a whole lot more when she decided to lean close and ever so lightly brush against him with her taunting words.

His mane trickled with a sensation he was still unaware of yet has grown more and more curious about. Clearing his throat slightly, he let his golden eyes follow as she regained her spot on the moonlit throne. Granted there was a slight chuckle after the encounter, he brushed it off for his other notions were running thick through his maturing veins.

Usually his mouth was quick and ready to rebound with a remark but suddenly he was rather speechless. Warmth spread over his face as he simply shrugged off with a smile. Before he had the right mind to respond and continue their interesting conversation, her face struck a gem for she looked at him in a different way suddenly.

"Aye, my grandfather was Zane L'Amour! He was a noble man, justified, as he stepped up to lead the Warrior's Realm when Sister Wolf stepped down." A more familiar feeling of pride overwhelmed him now, a genuine smile blooming over the young males maw. He has heard many stories from his mother, both good and bad.

"But, you know, the great war really shook the wolves of Traum. My grandfather was outnumbered, left alone in the Realm when the Order attacked. My mum said the whole island heard his last howl even!" Little did Abel realize that if mentioned the names of those who brought his late grandfather down, he's cause quite the reaction.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN, MODERATOR, DREAMER, GLACIUM WOLF, EBRIETAS DYNASTY, SKULLDUGGERY OATHS, ROGUES, INACTIVE

chat box
staff team

lubear ☮
administrator / coding

ser marxos
administrator / security

Sage
administrator

erebus

v.ampyrx

Dragon

open threads
Risk, a canine rpg UnEnchanted - A Canidae Roleplay Only the Best Canine Roleplays! Canidae Top Canine RPGs Animus Top 50 Animal RPG's Club and Fang