Add Reply
New Poll

vicinity of obscenity, badger & icarus
zira
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 10:56 PM
- Glacium Pack -
There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.
seven
- Age -
red wolf
- Species & Sex -
Glacium N/A
- Rank -

Zira had not known were she to close her eyes, she would succumb herself to a fretful sleep. Under the open sky and pale moonlight, and old shaman stirred fitfully with clenched eyes, rendering herself powerless to awake from a deep, haunted rest. The wind blew with an eerie silence, cursing the living. The meadow seemed empty, though Zira would never notice company for she was trapped. Her unconscious body twitched with aggravation, soft whines escaping black lip. That was only the beginning though, for poor Zira was plunged deep into troubled nightmares.

I was in the eye of the storm. Literally, right there, in the middle of a massive devastation. Rain pounded on me from above, making my knees buckle. Wind was coming at me from every direction, forcing my body to curl on itself as I crumbled to the great wind. Then, there was the consistent roar of thunder, anger strong in it's voice. Lightning, too, and I could see nothing now. This is what happened to my family... This was the very chaos that took my family away from me.

My nightmare shifted then, and for a moment all I could see was white. I felt this was what oblivion might feel like. Then, there were waves crushing into me. I was swept into a relentless current, my body sinking below. I choked, trying to breathe but there was no air here. My heart stopped as I realized what I was seeing... This was the flash flood that took my brother whom I saved.

Then the oblivious white light. That fierce moment in which I felt nothing. And then, a wall of red and black. Unbearable heat... No escape, oh my god. No escape... This is where I lost my husband, my dearest apprentice... Why was this happening to me? I felt myself choke with sorrow, eyes wetting and a defeated cry escaping my lips in desperation. All of my heartache, my sorrows were turned into this eternal lament.

She woke with a ump, her heart in a panic startling her to consciousness. A cry escaped black lips and emerald eyes had a dark glaze over them, one eye wet. That nightmare... Was so horribly detailed. Zira shuddered, and curled herself into her tail clenching her eyes tight trying to gather her strength from the dreams. It was surreal what she felt in that moment. Looking back up, the moon was high and mighty up in the sky, and Zira sighed. Then, her ears pricked as she lay there "Hello?"

PM
^
Icarus
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 11:20 PM
- Lone Wolf -
Quiet skies seem so low with the ring of the rising tide. Melancholy feels just like me; alone, not lonely
7 Months
- Age -
Mackenzie Valley Male
- Species & Sex -
Rouge Pup
- Rank -

He didn't know exactly where his over sized paws had taken him but it felt safe, despite being so late. Almost reminded him of nights back home. Trudging along through the foliage he knew he'd have to settle down soon again. Icarus could smell all the creatures around, even the seemingly confident whooo of an owl rung out. Yet something seemed out of place, a scent in the air. Then suddenly a sound was made so quickly Icarus struggled to believe he actually heard it.

Doing his best to more towards where it has so quickly came from there was a scent. Unfamiliar. He braced himself for the worst but hoped for the best. There that voice was again, this time seemingly less panicky. "Hello?" He stood still before slowing turning in a full circle. Bright eyes searched the moonlight area. "Hello?" He mimicked whoever it was like a mockingbird. His voice careful to stay calm and not startle whatever it was that might greet him. "I promise I'm friendly.." Icarus' posture kept up an alert appearance through his small talk. "Maybe we could help each other?" He remembered how his mother would tell him he was always being watched, so he offered a smile. What if his unknown company was watching him right now?
PM
^
zira
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:14 AM
- Glacium Pack -
There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.
seven
- Age -
red wolf
- Species & Sex -
Glacium N/A
- Rank -

Zira had no fear really, for she was in her own territory. Surely someone wouldn't attack her were they also part of her pack. She was not yet acquainted with them all, but it didn't matter cause Glacium wolves were all a family. Surprised, a little, yes. It was a late night, and she was in an unlikely meadow few stumbled upon. But then the voice answered back- Hello? A quiet mimicry, and Zira knew immediately he was young. Very young. She was reaching her senior years, so she had known with her whole being. She had gained wisdom in listening to the truth in voices. She hauled her body up slowly, her eyes looking to the edge of the meadow. The treeline was dark, but was the direction from which the voice had come.

Zira began to walk to it with her head low, a curious glint in her bright emerald eyes. I promise I'm friendly... The voice trailed, and Zira could hear the small fright in his audio, and her ears pressed forward. A small chuckle escaped her lips. "I am friendly, too, young one..." She said the words loud enough to be heard, though there was the peaceful tone. The softness that was natural to her unique voice which welcomed and somehow calmed all. The smile was visible alone in that aspect.

She was nearing the treeline finally, the shadows heavy though becoming easier to peer through. Maybe we could help each other? Zira stopped a moment- he had heard her cry from the wake of her nightmare. Her heart was warm by such young compassion, and she closed her eyes a moment. Opening those glowing green eyes,she saw them then; seafoam eyes, graced on a young handsome face of a dragga in the making. The warm browns around his face made those eyes pop, and had the same effect Zira's own face did.

Zira stopped a fear yards from him, and lowered her tail. A truly beautiful smile curved on her mouth as she raised a brow. "I am okay, young one. Thank you for your kindness. Might you tell me, how can I help you? Are you lost, little dragga?" She then stretched her nose forward slightly to try and get a scent from him, but not so close as to startle or scare him. He was still a pup.

PM
^
Icarus
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:43 AM
- Lone Wolf -
Quiet skies seem so low with the ring of the rising tide. Melancholy feels just like me; alone, not lonely
7 Months
- Age -
Mackenzie Valley Male
- Species & Sex -
Rouge Pup
- Rank -

Soon a soft voice returned back. Icarus was dead certain this was the woman who had made the yip and spoken into the night's winds. Her voice was so soothing and calming. Reminded him of his mother so very much. The closer she got to him the more his heart rate went up. She refereed to him as young one and those emerald eyes stood out upon a dark face. A lump in his throat was building.

He gripped at the earth beneath him the best he could, he was overwhelmed. This gentle woman seemed too much like his mother. Oh how he missed her. "Mom.." The simple name fell gentle into the cool air. He couldn't stop it and he didn't even expect it to happen. All he could do was look at her eyes. They resembled his mother's line of family. Icarus had to remind himself it was rude to stare, especially at polite company. "I'm sorry, I mean't m'am." He lowered his head in a respectful way. Listening to that soothing voice again. She had asked what was wrong and Icarus froze. Where did he begin?

"I got lost." His young voice so fragile and emotional. "I lost my way in a storm. I've been traveling for a lil' bit, mam." Icarus allowed his eyes to settle on the floor between. Taking in the space between them. Was she nervous too? Certainly an older female had dealt with children before, right? He knew his mother had been young and only bore one child, Icarus himself, but she was so good with anyone's children. It only made sense to the young boy that all females were good with children. "But this place seemed safe, it is safe. Right?" Seafoam green eyes dancing with young confusion looked to the gentle pools of emerald that sat upon his company's face.
PM
^
zira
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 01:07 AM
- Glacium Pack -
seven
- Age -
red wolf
- Species & Sex -
Glacium N/A
- Rank -

Zira saw the way the pup looked at her- how there was recognition, confusion; reminiscent, perhaps? Nostalgia? It somewhat caused her heart to ache, for she knew he would be disappointment on realization. She felt deeply for him. Then, his voice again... Mom... Zira physically showed her surprise as she lifted her head back and took a step back. Finch? She thought desperately. But, no, it obviously wasn't him. Finch, her dear child, had oceanic blue eyes, and those handsome black webs around them. Finch would be older than him too now, would be a fine dragga indeed. She sucked in and held a breath, screaming inwardly not to think of him or his fate for she had no way of knowing. She was forced to ignore her feelings when it came to him, and Glacier, because she didn't know. She couldn't force herself to admit they were dead, nor could she assure herself they were alive. She had to sand on the fence!

I'm sorry, I meant ma'am. Zira smiled then, and resumed her position, feeling sorry for him then, and also herself. She couldn't afford pity... But she could definitely offer her help. "You can call me Zira, young one. What is your name?" She cooed the words softly again, and lifted her head and brow. She couldn't bear to think of Finch any longer. She focused her attention on the obviously distressed pup, who had shaken his head with his apology.

I got lost. He sounded so utterly lost, so innocent... Much too young to understand the horrific nature of the world. Zira again, felt her heart pang and reach out to him. I lost my way in a storm. I have been travelling for a lil' bit, ma'am. Zira froze then, understanding his fear more than she could say. She had lost her family to one, one that took everything she knew away from her when she was only a year old, still a whelp. Her eyes softened, and a sympathetic smile was on black lips. But this place seemed safe, it is safe, right? Zira only nodded at first, staring hard at him. Was his family okay? She prayed to the divines that the same fate hadn't befallen them. "Would you like me to help you find your family, your mother and father? And yes, this place is safe... This is the Traum Island, called Glacium. Our pack is a friendly one, and a family. We would not dare endanger a soul." The words hopefully would settle him down somewhat, for she could tell he was anxious in this place.

PM
^
Icarus
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 08:03 PM
- Lone Wolf -
7 Months
- Age -
Mackenzie Valley Male
- Species & Sex -
Rouge Pup
- Rank -

For a moment, Icarus held his breath. Despite knowing deep down it wasn't, what if this woman did turn out to be his mother? She seemed to even look at him as if he was some sort of old memory. The look on her face clear, Icarus had seen it before. But it was all swept away like a tide washed over them.

Zira.

It was such a pretty name. The young boy offered a toothy grin and somewhere in the shadow of his body his tail swayed. "My name is Icarus. I don't mind being called young one though." It was comforting to hear it honestly. Icarus liked the way her words seemed to all be gentle coos. He felt warm inside, despite the cool air nipping at his heels.

Her offer of help was met with him moving himself forward a few steps, getting close enough to whisper to her. Confess the fears that had been eating him whole. "I'm scared they won't want me back. What if we're too far?" His throat felt like a snake was wrapped around his neck. "What if the storm got them too?" It was times like these were he wished his eyes could be dark. He wanted nothing more than to hide the emotion that swam in his seafoam eyes. Icarus needed his parents more than ever right now. But how could he get them? What if they had moved due to that storm? He was trying not to wail and whine. Certainly his mother would have looked for him, right? Then it dawned on him. His father had always been for the group and not the one. Did they really care about him missing?

"Zira, have you ever lost someone?" He need comfort. Someone to consul him on what to do in this situation. Needed to know he wasn't completely alone.
PM
^
zira
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 09:25 PM
- Glacium Pack -
seven
- Age -
red wolf
- Species & Sex -
Glacium N/A
- Rank -

Zira knew all to well the young one was comforted by her presence alone. She was grateful to be the one he stumbled upon, the one to offer her comfort. She was reminded once more who she was, what she was good at- and what she was made to be. The heavens above had molded her for this purpose; to be a light in the world when others lost their way. Upon offering her name, the young dragga gave a wide grin and Zira could see the shadow of his tail wagging. "My name is Icarus. I don't mind being called young one though." Zira offered a beautiful genuine smile in return and closed her eyes a brief moment into it. "Young Icarus, welcome to Traum." Voice, soft as the summer breeze, held deep compassion.

Icarus then scooted out of the shadow slightly to whisper to Zira, while she leaned her head closer for him to hear. His words damn near broke her heart as she could hear the agony in the whispers. "I'm scared they won't want me back. What if we're too far?" Emerald eyes softened with sorrow and her ears fell. A stern look took her face then. "What if the storm got them too?" She sighed heavily then, suddenly understanding the pain he may be subjected to. A storm had taken her blood family; and her brother she had managed to save was later taken by a flashflood. She looked away for a brief time.

She sucked in a deep breath and looked down to the pup. "You mustn't assume such dire situations, young one... Do not allow yourself to succumb to pessimism. No family would abandon you, sweet child. Not if they loved you. Perhaps they're looking for you right now," she said thewords convincingly, and didn't let her own doubt show. She knew the devastation a storm could cause... But he was to young to suffer such a burden!

His next question caused her to physically tense, and she shut her eyes. "Zira, have you ever lost someone?" She lost many. Her parents, her three sibling- and then her mate and her child. She knew that Icarus needed to know he wasn't alone in this pain, and she looked back to him with heavy eyes. "Every part of my soul has lost someone very precious to me... However, time is kind, and heals all thing. They were lost to me, yes, but live on through me. But young Icarus, you must not fret until you know." She took a step closer to him, so she would hear her soft words.

PM
^
Icarus
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 12:35 PM
- Lone Wolf -
7 Months
- Age -
Mackenzie Valley Male
- Species & Sex -
Rouge Pup
- Rank -

Her words caressed his brain, the welcome highly appreciated. Traum. What an interesting little name for such a big place. Young Icarus had expected perhaps something more grand or even lengthier. But he liked it anyways.

Despite his whispering pleads she offered reassurance. He could tell she had done this before. The way she seemed so smart and knew how to string words together had his breaths slowing down. Alas something caught Icarus's ears. "Not if they loved you." They did love him, right? He bit his tongue from asking. Even if Zira knew the answer to that he didn't want to know. Not now at least.

Icarus could tell that his question about losing someone had hit his company hard. Noticing how her emerald eyes hid behind eyelids and her body tensed. Waiting for her words had his tail finding home between his two legs. When she spoke he could have sworn she was godlike in that moment. Speaking of how they lived through her or how time heals. The lump in his throat settled down, allowing him to speak in whispers. "Thank you, Zira. I owe you." He leaned forward to allow a small lick to her chin out of gratitude.

Looking up at her kind face he offered a weak smile. "Can I stay with you? I mean..at least until I have some sort of plan or remember where to go."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN, MODERATOR, DREAMER, GLACIUM WOLF, EBRIETAS DYNASTY, SKULLDUGGERY OATHS, ROGUES, INACTIVE

chat box
staff team

lubear ☮
administrator / coding

ser marxos
administrator / security

Sage
administrator

erebus

v.ampyrx

Dragon

open threads
Risk, a canine rpg UnEnchanted - A Canidae Roleplay Only the Best Canine Roleplays! Canidae Top Canine RPGs Animus Top 50 Animal RPG's Club and Fang